Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Monday, June 1, 2015

Cripple (88th email)

Touring Montevideo with Elder Rollins--May 2015




Elder Rollins had a little toe surgery so we headed home!

What to do while Elder Rollins was recovering from toe surgery?
Why of course, read Jesus the Christ and eat Tie Dye Cake!  
(about 2/3 done with Jesus Christ in 4 days!!)


Good day beloved ones!
                ALEXIS I GOT YOUR LETTER!!! You really made those pants/shorts???? And I thought I was going to learn how to sew!! I am so proud of you!! That’s sooo funny that Franklin walks to my room everytime, maybe she thinks its her room now!! No no no Franky poo!
                Anyways yes another great week in the Uruguay Montevideo mission as Pres. Cook would say! J We recently almost got in an accident on the bus however the Lord is protecting us. We have been flying all around town-city ALL week to get my comps toe fixed. We haven’t had much time to work but it had to get fixed now and as of now my comp. does still have a toenail but only half of one!
                I wont even go into detail with everything but long story short we went to quite a few hospitals all week but they weren’t letting us with the whole insurance thing and everything so we took matters into your own hands and went to the big guns! Yes we went to the BIG BOYS HOUSE J Bringing it back, I always say that but its because I love Montevideo. Anyways we went to the British Hospital in Montevideo, because who knows how many missionaries they have operated on so we knew they would get us in no problem. J So we went Friday, early in the morning got there around 10ish, we had lunch in the mall next door (hence the BK, its cheaper here that’s why we went and I love it!), and did a bit of shopping for souvenirs while we waited for our appointment at 1pm. Then the hour came around they took us in no problem, they laid my comp. down and went at it! Within 10min. they had it out and bandaged up. We left about a half hour later and caught the next bus to Santa Lucia, luckily we had no problem however my comp. did have to walk in a sock thing all around town haha! So yes the next few days we were in the house ALL day because it aint smart to walk on a recently operated toe you know_! HOWEVER WE HAVE MADE GOOD USE OF OUR TIME and went to church on Sunday woot! And epically we have been reading Jesus the Christ this whole time and we are 2/3 thirds done, and we´ll be finishing it today. JJust so you know we started Friday, and its almost 800 pages, but we are definitely reading it in English! Its still hard to understand for me, and I know this might sound super lame and over exaggerative (is that a word?) I CANT READ IN ENGLISH! Well, yes I can but at the beginning it was hard to pronounce all of words and I read super slow….mock me all you want but it’s the darn truth. So this reading had been a big help with English, and more importantly to draw me closer to my Savior who I represent. I feel of his love even more now and I don’t doubt the sacred authority and power he has trusted me with! J This book has been a blessing for me, and even more epic to read it in 4 days, we´ll see how today turns out. I challenge you guys to read it too, haha jk focus on the BofM for now!
                We haven’t had much contact with G and F this week, they both couldnt make it to church this week :( but she told us on Tuesday that the fast that we did with her was a HUGE blessing for her! JJ Wow, I could feel the Spirit so strong when she told us what happened, she said, Sunday night was when she decided to lay it down on her partner. She got up the courage to talk to him openly and direct, she told him that she wanted to be Mormon, she wanted to get baptized and that were going to have to make a change so that it could happen!! She said it just came out so clear that she felt peace inside, her partner respected her decision and said give us 2 mths. to think about what we want to do. So yeah first off we are hoping that they will make a decision within this time frame and we hope its for the positive that they get married and the whole fam. gets baptized! Yay for eternal families! J After everything I am so grateful all the prayers for them, thanks guys so much! I am grateful for the Lord in helping G progress and reach this wonderful blessing of baptism and having an eternal family! Everything will happen in the Lords time. J Thanks again. Miracles are real aren’t they?
                Anyways enough of the cheesiness, I did want to share a quick scrip. with you guys in Mosiah 4:11-12 that talks about remission of sins. I have been studying quite a bit this week on what this entails and I love what the Lord has shown me! I love how it says that we can retain a constant remission of our sins through diligent prayer, thanks, and repentance to the Lord for our mistakes. And if we do this we can RETAIN a remission of our sins and CONTSTANLY be forgiven of our faults. I also love that this will strengthen our love and faith that we have for the Lord and his mercies! I love the word King Benjamin uses ¨taste¨ of his love. One of the only ways to taste of his love is to humble ourselves and realize that repentance is not a one time thing, it is constant process and reminder of his love as he sheds his mercy upon us. J Its comforting to know that one of the ways that God shows love for us is his mercy through his Beloved Son and his Atonement. J I also feel a greater responsibility to help people taste of this same love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for them!
                I hope that made sense, anyways yes I heard about L.Tom Perry yesterday, what a jolly servant he was. I love him. Thanks Mom and Dad for the info, I think i´ll wait on seeing the flight schedule, I think the dates are good enough for now, WOW is right mom!! SOO GOOD TO HEAR ABOUT Carson, my bud i´ll shoot em a trunky email hehe. I LOVE YOU ALL TOO MUCH, have a fab week love yall

les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment