Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Monday, August 17, 2015

ITS GLORIOUS! (99th email)


Hey guys!
                Wow who said life wasn’t fast? It has tripped me up over and over again now I just got slapped in the face! Where did she go? Oh well whattcha gonna do. Last p-day was soooo sick, kind of rainy and we got back a bit late because it was a longer bus ride than we thought to get to Aeroparque. BUT we got to see a few people!!!! J As you can see in the pic, we went to see Estefany and her fam! She is one of the best converts ever! J She is really amazing unforuntately its been hard for her and now she is inactive. Could you pray for her too, she is definitely in need of it. Yeah kinda sad but she´ll come back. The visit that we had with her and her fam I think really brought back good memories of everything we taught and learned!! J Im confident, she´ll get there. Then we went to go see one of my favorite member families, the one that we did skype with (Elder/Eric, ewww yeah I don’t know him like that, Petersen and I) in Aeroparque. Yeah you remember, and you guys took a picture with me and the mate stuff! J  YEAH IT WAS AMAZING, but so complicated and not enough time to see everybody. ·Bigboyshouse
                JUST IN CASE you guys were worried we had a better week. The thing I am STILL beginning to understand and get used to is that the mission life is always fun, it doesn’t matter if we have a good week or a tough one, I ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING! That’s what im gonna miss. Im sure im going to be learning everyday in life but im going to miss ALL the opportunities to serve the Lord and get better! Ahhh love the mish, love you guys.
                Anyways im having a dilemma, its alright, well I guess I got a little impatient but I already got my flight schedule from the offices ahhh 5 hour LAYOVER in Brazil, should be fun though to see a little more of Brazil eh? But its gonna be a long layover….

                Anyways the week, as I told you this week was BOLD WEEK! And it was sooo fun! We were going to go to this carnival thing they have here every week on Saturday but it looked like it was going to rain so they had to cancel it. L But this week for sure we be doin it!

What I did love about the week was the bus experience, we did it mainly to just get rid of fear of talking to people in a stressful place like a bus! Soooo yeah I was so freakin nervous you don’t even know. But we decided to do it, and see if the Lords promise was really true in (D&C 60:2-3). We waited for the bus and we didn’t think it would show up or there would be a lot of people in the bus but just when we were doubting one showed up and there was a lot of people well like 20, and all but 3 accepted a pamphlet about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was really cool because I was really nervous, obviously, and stressed because of the type of place we were doing it. But I GOT up there and gave it a go, bore my testimony about Jesus Christ and invited everyone to church! So far we haven’t seen any results, SO FAR but the biggest thing for me was I really experienced the promise the Lord gives us in that scripture. I remember right before we got on the bus, I was thinking of any possible way so that we didn’t have to do it, but my comp. and I just did with NO FEAR and our tongues were loosed!! The scripture talks about that if we don’t open our mouths, what has been given to us will be taken away. I really believe that, if we didn’t do this activity we would have never known how it feels to experience the help of the spirit in those kind of situations. And who knows maybe we have been still fearful to anything like it later on. Hopefully this all made sense, but this was definitely the spiritual experience that the Lord wanted me to have this week! This is why I love being a missionary, and love the mission!

                Umm I was thinking about visiting one of my last areas, Bella Italia this week or next week. Hope to see Sebastian and Silvia!! J Oh yeah today we had another zone activity in Santa Lucia, the gym is absolutely sick but a bit far from everyone that’s the only problem. But it was a blast we played the usual volleyball and futbol.
                Soooo yeah im sure ill be getting a photo from Elder Petersen or you guys, im sure he did amazing with his talk yesterday, I really want to know how his trip went? Did you guys go to a lunchin after haha? I could see that. Oh yeah speaking of that,  Momma I think im pretty set on Hawaiian food and punkin for my homecoming.

                Oh yeah and the work is getting better here in Saint Lucy! This week we found 3 incomplete families that have people to RESCUE and BAPTIZE!! Its been a huge blessing to have a lot of work this upcoming week, just hope the spirit will guide us to know what to say and do. We also need to work with the ward more so they work with all of them, should be fun!! J And you see Dad, your advice was huge for us this week, heck ya I would give you a hug if I could….


ALRIGHTY love all TOO MUCH hope im not missin anything, have a good week good to hear that the countdown is still goin..... 

les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie
               

PIC #1 the cheaper version of the uruguayo jersey dont know if Paul would like it, umm the insignia is different because its a false jersery but it would be like 20 bucks instead of 100. I let you make the decision momma on that one ;)

PIC #2 ESTEFANY AND HER FAM! Bittersweet it was..... 
Imitation Suarez jersey--one of  Paul Killpack's favorite players to watch


Went back to visit Estefany & her family in Aeroparque--August '15

No comments:

Post a Comment