Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Transfers, craziness, roughness, lágrimas de gozo, y más (its a BIG one this week!) (84th email)



Not easy saying goodbye to Sylvia--May 2015


Eating carpincho (tasted more like fish)  Bella Italia May 2015

Shakira in May 2015 (losing her feathers)


Hey hey hey!


It was quite the emotional week to be honest with ya´ll! Its gotten chilly here recently, ever since Sunday we´ve been using sweaters! Ahh last winter thats freaking me out, speaking of I figured out this week that 2 years ago (April 30) I received my mission call!! SOO OLD UP IN HER!! Anyways enough of that.


Im going to say it was a tougher however rewarding week, thats how I would describe it! Well I guess I´ll tell you guys that later on in the email because I would imagine you want to hear the news!! Alright in advance this is what they told me but I am still having a hard time believing it so dont be surprised if there are any changes but most likely I doubt it! Alright so my comp. is staying here in BELLA ITALIA!!!!!! But not with me, another gringo though to keep his english up!! J So yes I am off to………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………Santa Lucia, LAS PIEDRAS!!!!!!!!!! Fyi that is still in Montevideo woooooo I'm pretty happy about it what can I say, Im a Montevideo kind of guy ha! J I believe Las Piedras is farely closer to Maronas where im at right now. So yeah thats the news oh yeah my comp. is a gringo, Elder Rollins wooo gringo time!!!!! Now the biggest new of all that I still have a hard time believing is…………..I was called to be District Leader!!! Yeah Im still freaking out about it, first thing I asked myself was can I do it?!?! Then I thought if the Lord called me to do it, why not?? But yeah still freaking out inside but very excited to have this opportunity to help His missionaries in every possible way. I know its going to be a lot more work, and very stressing at times (Im sure you are laughing right now Dad) but Im up for it, the Spirit will guide me and tell me what I need to do! Things are just about to flip upside for me in the mission, we´ll see how it goes. J


YES SKYPE THIS WEEK!! I will have to let you know, if I dont let you know in this email just expect a member to be sending you guys an email! Ummm Im trying to get in touch with the Elders over there to get it all lined up so I´ll keep you updated! But so excited to see your LOVELY beautiful faces! J Happy Mum day!


Oh yeah so this area Im going to cry when I leave, O how I loved Pretty Italy! What I really just adored here were the members, especially when they worked with us. Thanks to the new mission plan that we started like 6mths. ago we´ve bridged the gap between members and the missionaries to do the Lords work! We still have a LONG way to go but we are getting there. J On top of that the members here feed us just about everyday and they cook AMAZING! ) If you can tell by the pics, I think I gained a little chub however dont w good shape soon ;)) It hasnt been easy saying ¨bye¨ to everybody, especially Silvia and Sebastian but Im confident they will stay strong! J Last but not least, Im gonna miss my little peruvian bud Elder Araujo. 2 changes together lots of jokes, little arguments, but darn good friends, I admire his conversion story (got baptized at 16 years old), I admire his patience and service to the Lord, I LOVE the kid!


As I said it was a little bit tougher week personally but I have a testimony that God answers prayers for sure! I was reading in my daily BofM study (speaking I need a pic or something of that chart you guys are following because I think I am falling behind) and I came across one of my fav. chapters 2 Nephi 4-Psalm of Nephi! Nephi being a prophet and obedient to the commandments of God even felt imperfect and the necessity to repent and build himself on the Rock of our Redeemer! J So yeah that chapter, the love from the ward, and 11 less actives in church this past week were all tender mercies from the Lord! J One of them was a family that havent came in like a year, C and P are their names. They are my favorite! She is a recent convert and he is returned missionary with a hard past! However when I saw them walk into Sac. Meeting I almost shed a tear. I love them so much, and so happy for them and their 2 daughters! J Their goal is getting to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity! J Ah I love missionary work! I love this ward, Im gonna miss it but the Lord needs me in Las Piedras now.












So I hope this email answered a few questions, yes for like 3 days here in Uruguay the skies were gray from all the ash it was crazy!!! It was weird because it like dried our noses and mouths to walk around outside! Nothing to extreme though, we are good now sorry forgot to tell ya guys!! Alright I will be SEEING you guys soon, like I said I will get a member to email you guys thanks for everything, Im good for now momma! Love you all TOO MUCH! :)




Les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie
PICS! Saying bye to the peeps of Bella Italia! My favs!




-As you will see in the other photos, weird things are going down here in Bella Italia, Shakira is turning into a dinosaur, we are turning into fish tasting meat carnivores! Its the goods here!orry i´ll be in

No comments:

Post a Comment