Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Monday, March 16, 2015

BUENAS!!! (77th email)

Montevideo Uruguay Temple Trip March 2015

Some Elders from the Zone & Sister Cook after going to the Montevideo Uruguay Temple


Opa Fam!

                Tis another week has gone by in a far off land! To be honest its been such a fabulous-hard week its been pretty bitter sweet but more sweet than anything!
                The work here has been a little tough, no excuses of course but the weeks are usually a little rougher after a baptism but its alright! We´ve been teaching Sebastian´s sister, M this week a lot! She wants to get baptized but is super young and learns very slow, but she learns! We will have to see what happens, we´ve put a lot of thought and prayers into her and what we´ve been thinking is we gotta focus on the entire family more! The parents are being super tough right now, even with the members! Its been hard for us to know what to do, because we want to help them but they hardly want anything to do with us. So can you please keep them in your prayers this week, thanks! J However Sebastian is killing it, he helps us teach M, goes to Seminary on his own and gets along with the youth here! J
                Wow random crazy time fly-bys thought next week is changes, so you wont be getting an email from me Monday as usual. But changes is already here!!!!! I know I always say this but I think this change has gone by the fastest honestly! I cant believe it. But what I can believe is I am probably staying here in Bella Italia with Elder Araujo for at least one more change! J Luckily, unless something insanely crazy happens but I don’t think so! There will be a lot of changes to the zone im thinking…
                Oh yeah the goods of the goods, as I told last week as well, we went to the temple this week oh boy was it oh oh oh glorious! JJ BEST TEMPLE TRIP EVER! JJ BECAUSE the names got to me in time! Woot! So lucky, I knew the Lord needed my comp. and I to do those names! Mom / Dad it was an experience without words to give it justice! We first met in the chapel to hear a few words from Pres. Cook! He talked about what it meant to be endowed with power from on high. J Then he went to go do interviews with everyone of us, we split into 2 groups, our group stayed with the Asistants and Pres. Cook while the other group went to the temple! The Asistants taught us some good and very important things about the Area Book, the interview with Pres. Cook was amazing as usual! J I always feel the Spirit super strong with that man, and everytime he sees me he starts singing ¨the holly and the ivy¨ song haha I think just like you dad! He´s a great man of God. J After my interview we watched for the 1st time ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meet the Mormons!!!!! In Spanish...WHOOOOOO!! Finally, didnt get to quite see all of it but it was SOOO amazing and hilarious in the beginning! I gotta admit the missionary part made me think about home a bit, but it was amazing to see good ole Utah again! Im sure its been a great missionary tool! After that we ate lunch, went to the Distribution Center to get some spiritual goods, got some stuff for Sebastian as well!! THEN we finally made it to the temple. The best part of it all was basically doing it all!! Our whole group got to do just about all the ordinances, baptism, confirmation, initiatory, and endowment! So that means all thats left for Henry and Arthur is the sealings! :):) It was such an amazing experience if I havent said that like 50 times already! I got to baptize my comp. for Arthur and he did the same for me! The whole time I felt Henry was right there with me! And at the end of it all I knew he was sooo happy I was there for him, I literally felt him right there next to me giving me a giant hug! Ahhh it was the best experience ever! Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so much for sending those names, its so different when you do it for a relative. Quick question do you want me to send those back to you guys? Or do you just want me to hold on to them until Im back? But yeah that was basically it, quite the unforgettable feeling and experience. Oh yeah on the way home as well, I almost threw up coming home on the bus because it was so packed. Ive changed a lot in the mission but my car sickness sure hasnt! Ha but im alright it was a day of feeling the best and the worst but it was sooo worth it! Ha

Thats super awesome to hear all about all those little guys goin on mission now! And even better they are going SudaAMERICA!! :) Da best! Wow what a Sports week, looks like it gonna be a good one! I congratulate you dad for sitting back and watchin a few games! ;) Anyways thats all I got for the week, thanks for St. Patty´s wishes I completely forgot to be honest with ya´all I love you all TOO MUCH! Have a fab week and dont get too mad this week ;)

Les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment