Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Monday, December 22, 2014

For Unto Us a Child is Born! (65th email)




Merry Christmas to all and to all good night! Hohohoho

                Oh the weather outside is frightful but talking to you guys is soooo delightful so since we have 2 times this week to talk! Let us skype, let us skype, let us skype!! J Woot it’s the big week! Oh yeah and next week is changes week again, good gravy! So yes I will probably be talking to you guys on Tuesday next week but I cant promise you that quite yet because we might take out the oros again. We´ll have to see, stay tuned! Anyways back to skype info. SO yes we will be Skype video calling on the 25th of December, I will be speaking first and I will be calling you guys at 6:00pm our time, 1:00pm your time, right? I hope that’s a good enough time for you guys. I got 40 minutes to talk!  J Really looking forward to it, and it should be pretty good internet so we shouldn’t have any problems! Woot!


                It was quite the Christmasy week if I do say so myself. Random thing we did was, we had to shower last pday because we didn’t have water. SO we were invited over to the mission home by President and Hermana Cook to shower in their house! Haha kinda weird but amazingly nice! I haven’t showered in something like that in forever in fact ever! But don’t worry we have water, it got turned on that night. Kinda a random-interesting experience that I had in the mission this week, but yeah it was worth it, the Cooks are just too nice to us!

                As you guys already know Wednesday was the Christmas Conference with the whole mission and it was of course a jolly ol´time.  E´Petersen was in the choir, they sung 4 songs all together, there was 2 solos. One of them was by an Hermana that was amazing, mainly because she song one of my favorite Christmas songs ¨Breath of Heaven¨ by Amy Grant! It’s a classic, and she sung it real good! The music is always a highlight of the whole thing. But Pte. and Hna. Cook addressed us as well. Hna. Cook has this quote that I really love she says ¨Put the Lord first, others second, and yourself last.¨Its been quite a special experience to look back at this past year and see how I could have done it without my Savior on my side! I definitely need this time in my mission to reflect on the ultimate gift the our Heavenly Father has given to me personally! And yes, I've seen the ¨He is the Gift¨video by the church, thing is I've never seen it in English haha its called Ël es la Dadiva¨in Spanish! We´ve been going around to everybody we visit and presenting this video, it has been moments never to be forgotten. I get the chills every time I see it! As I said last year it is quite the honor and privilege to represent Christ himself in this time of season! J So yeah anyways back to the Conference we finished with the program, we got a gift full of goodies, caramel corn, and random fun things from the Cooks for Christmas! Then we ate!!! Pizza, salad, too much Watermelon, ice cream good stuff like that it was very satisfying! It was the best and my last Christmas Conference in the mission……


                A scripture that has really helped me keep my thoughts on the Savior this Christmas season was 2 Nephi 25:29 
29 And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.

Love the part where it says that we should bow before him and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength just like it says in D&C 4!! I kind of applied that way because Im in the mission in this christmas season I am remembering this scripture SO I will never forget who my Savior is, NEVER! :) I just wanted to share that quick little thought! Umm I wanted to ask for a picture of the christmas tree!! Its a tradish!! I gotta see it! Dont worry about it, what are you guys doing for the holidays?? You guys going to I-HOP?? I hope so!! Sooo delicious, and a never dying tradition! :) Well anyways that basically all I got for the day, I will see you guys in 3 days anyways, umm I stink at thinking of questions before hand so maybe it will just be a spontaneous random question time, BUT I want to hear more of your guys life please!! Well thats its folks thanks so much for the package so I can spend Christmas opening presents by the tree, what a necessity it is! I am sooo excited for this week AHHH I love you all forever and always see ya soon!




Les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie


THE COOKS Christmas Tree oh yeah the guapos! 
President & Sister Cook's Christmas Tree--Montevideo 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment