Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Monday, April 13, 2015

Sup Weird Weekish (81st email)

DEAR FABULOUS FAM!
Alrighty hows it goin´ ya´ll, Im glad that you are doing alright Mom, that was quite the heart breaker. :( Sorry Momma. This week I really don´t tell much either though sorry, that doesnt mean it wasnt a good week it was just a weird one!
The good part was I really feel like the Lord is guiding us here more than ever. He has been so merciful with us, because sometimes I just dont know what Im doing or why we are in that spot but the Lord is providing us with SO many people to teach. We found a few new inv. this week M and her son J who want us to come over to their house because they MISS the missionaries. Apparently her daughter got baptized a couple years ago but stopped going for some reason but she wants us to start coming over again, I really feel something special about them! So lets hope for the best! We can also really see the hand of the Lord in the His work in the rescuing less actives! We had 7 less actives in church yesterday with an all time high of 82 in church (well from the time Ive been here)! :) We´ve been working with a few of those less actives and the new video has been a huge blessing to have, to re-kindle that fiery tesitmony of Jesus Christ in US and THEM everytime we show it! :) Good things are happening here in good ol Pretty Italy!
I would like to share a scripture this week that really got to me straight into the hear ok! Its in John 9: 1-7, 25

 1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
 6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
 7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
I was reading the Ensign the other day and I came across this scripture. Of course this is the story of when Jesus heals the blind man, the faith that the blind man had to be healed really is amazing but what really hit me was the last line when the blind man says to Jesus one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see. This scripture hit me so much because this scripture caused me to remember ALL the spiritual progress that has happened to me these 18 mths. thanks to the tender mercies of the Lord and his Holy Spirit. My testimony is stronger than ever of this work, Im not going to say that my eyes were blind my whole life because I´ve had a testimony of this church my whole life. But here on the mission I can say now that through the mercy and grace of my Savior Jesus Christ he has opened my eyes to His light and I cant ever look back! :) I love him and so grateful for the testimony I have of Him that He lives, my Heaven Father is His father and my father and He loves me and I am here in Uruguay doing what he needs me to do! :) Now I can see with my spiritual eyes that all these things are true and I cant doubt it. Im a cry baby! But I just wanted to share that with you, I love you all!!  L and familia are doing good, L came to church yesterday. We werent able to have a charla with them because they canceled! :(
Alright thats all I got it was good to hear from all of you sorry I ran out of time today but I love you all TOO MUCH! Sorry spring break is over, time to work.. git her done! Oh yeah remember my friends from Maceys Jenessa and Dalton, yeah they both got home last week! :) See ya have a good week!
Les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie

No comments:

Post a Comment