Elder Ivie

Elder Ivie

Monday, November 17, 2014

BOO! Awesome Week! (60th email)


Well hello family!

I hope this surprise email finds you guys doing fabulous!! Well just to let you guys know why I am emailing today. Yeah soo we thought we were gonna have pday on Tuesday until last night when we got a call from the Zone Leaders that we are going to work with the new missionaries coming in tomorrow (Tuesday) so we have to have pday today! The only down to everything is I have no idea if I am leaving Aeroparque or staying! I am pretty sure I am staying because I've only been here 2 changes (12 weeks!) but honestly you never know what the Lord has in store for you sometimes. SOO you will have to find out next week if I gone or staying. I really have enjoyed my time in Aeroparque, especially with E´Petersen! J Ive learned an incredible amount of stuff from him in this short time. I always say that but really he has been one of my favorite comps. of the misión Ive gotta admit! J We just get along too good, thats why I would love to stay! But of course be humble Elder Ivie if the Lord needs me somewhere else, Ï will go where you want me to go Dear Lord.¨ This sounds like a farewell to Aeroparque when I dont even know still…kinda weird.

Anyways the week! What a miraculous wonderful week it was! I guess I will get to the highlight of the week, well highlights its been a very enlightening week if I do say so myself. First we had that Multi-Mision Conference with Elder Christensen and who would of thunk that he spoke spanish, like fluent Spanish! I guess he served in Chile on his misión, also interestingly enough his wife speaks spanish too apparently she lived in Uruguay as a little kid or something like that! Anyways I understood the same. It was a day full of spiritual answers, I went into the conference with a couple questions and they all got answered someway or another through the Spirit I just know it! I learned how to be a more converted and sanctified servant of the Lord. As it says in Alma 13:3

And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being called and prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works

Elder Christensen shared this scripture with us and said that we have been chosen and called of God to do His work from the foundation of the world! There is no coincidence that I was born into the wonderful family with the Gospel as the center of the home for no reason! By the ¨foreknowledge¨ that God as he knew I was going to be chosen to serve Him in Uruguay! I feel it when I read this scripture. When I humbly forget myself and put faith in my step day by day He blesses me and gives us miracles and tender mercies. And that leads perfectly into a miracle/blessing that happened at the end of this week.




Of course Ive been talking about our amazing investigator, Estefany for about 3 weeks now. Well this past Sat. was the big day, where it all went down! Yes Estefany got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):) (see photo) And yes for the 1st time in my mission, I got the chance to baptize her! :) But the day was not about me obviously, I am just humbly grateful for the chance I had to share that special day with her! I gotta admit though I was a little nervous, 1st time on the mission in SPANISH!! It was too hard but just like 1st time nerves on the mission. Good thing I had the chance to baptize you Alexis, I was probably more nervous then if you didnt tell. Anyways awesome day it was, lots of her family came down from Montevideo. Even the aunt that Estefany used to go to church in Montevideo with! :) She got confirmed Sunday, and I think she feels a lot less stressed now! Thats all I got for this week. Sorry about the surprise email this day, I had no other choice but it should be fun taking out the newbies, showing them around good ol´ Uruguay! Haha anyways dont make fun of me in the pic I couldn´t see, the sun was destroying me. Thanks for the goods, ps Dad your last 2 emails have been the bomb diggity. It did what you said and read Elder Scott´s talk on prayer, well I am almost done. As well as your wizardly break down on Alma 26, easily my favorite chapter ever. And what surprised me the most is, I found so much more that I even recognized before. I guess thats how the scriptures are right?! Thanks Momma for sending the package, it should get here on time as long as I dont move out of the big boy CITY! Love you all TOO MUCH!




Les amo, Elder Tyler Scott Ivie

Baptism of Estefany--November 15, 2014 in Montevideo

1st Baptism Elder Ivie performed in Uruguay


Uruguayo Practice Field 

'Peace' Elder Ivie--Montevideo, Uruguay Nov '14
He wished he could have gone on the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment